Lady Falcon Volleyball Team Tryouts 2017 (Tuesday, Aug 1-Saturday, Aug 5)
1) Please have an updated physical already turned in to the trainers
- If you are new to the school (transfer/move-in) a PAPF must be completed and submitted to the CISD Athletic office prior to game participation
2) Check-in on Tuesday will begin at 6:45am on the Aguirre JH track.
No physical= No Try-out!!
- Being late and/ or missing a session may hurt your chances of making a team.
3) Tryouts Tuesday-Thursday
First session will begin at 7:00 am sharp and go till 9:00 am. Our second session will begin at 10:00 pm and go till 12:00 pm. Athletes are given a break from 9-10am to change clothes and have a snack.
- First Session: Outside agilities/conditioning
- Second Session: Volleyball Skills and Drills
4) Appropriate attire:
- First Session-Wear athletic shorts (i.e. running shorts in a neutral color), t-shirts (blue or white) and RUNNING SHOES… No tank/razorback tops, sports bras should not be visible.
- Second Session- volleyball attire: volleyball shoes (or very good athletic shoes), knee pads, spandex (athletic shorts), a school or school colored t-shirt.
- YOU WILL NOT TRY-OUT IF YOU ARE NOT DRESSED APPROPRIATELY!!!!
Please bring plenty of water/ sports drink.
5) After Friday’s scrimmage, the coaching staff will notify those athletes who have made the 2017 teams by telephone at 2:00pm. If a student athlete receives a phone call, then they have made a team. If a student- athlete does not receive a phone call, then they did not make a team. (So please provide a working number).
6) All teams will leave @7am to participate in a scrimmage at Baytown Lee HS from 8-1pm. Parents are welcomed to attend but seating is very limited. Athletes must ride the bus and from the scrimmage.
7) Team Parent meeting will be held Saturday, August 5 @ 2pm in The CHS Gym (following Lee scrimmage). Rules and practice schedules will be discussed. Please be prepared to pay the Player Participation Fee (F&JV $50/V-$60) at that time. This fee covers the cost of your athletes 2017 Team shirt (with name & # on back), Pink Out Breast Cancer shirt and team socks (2 pair), spandex (varsity only). This meeting is mandatory, a parent or legal guardian must attend.