Lady Falcon Volleyball Team Tryouts 2018 (Wednesday, Aug 1-Thursday, Aug 2)
1) Please have an updated physical already turned in to the trainers
If you are new to the school (transfer/move-in) a PAPF must be completed and submitted to the CISD Athletic office prior to game participation
2) Check-in on Wednesday will begin at 6:45am on the CHS track.
No physical= No Try-out!!
Being late and/ or missing a session may hurt your chances of making a team.
3) Tryouts Wednesday-Thursday
First session will begin at 7:00 am sharp and go till 9:00 am. Our second session will begin at 10:30 pm and go till 1:00 pm. Athletes are given a break from 9:00-10:30am to change clothes and have a snack.
First Session: Outside agilities/conditioning
Second Session: Volleyball Skills and Drills
4) Appropriate attire:
First Session-Wear athletic shorts (i.e. running shorts in a neutral color), t-shirts (blue or white) and RUNNING SHOES… No tank/razorback tops, sports bras should not be visible.
Second Session- volleyball attire: volleyball shoes (or very good athletic shoes), knee pads, spandex (athletic shorts), a school or school colored t-shirt.
YOU WILL NOT TRY-OUT IF YOU ARE NOT DRESSED APPROPRIATELY!!!!
Please bring plenty of water/ sports drink.
5) On Thursday, the coaching staff will notify those athletes who have made the 2018 teams by telephone after 2:00pm. If a student athlete receives a phone call or text message, then they have made a team. If a student- athlete does not receive a phone call or text message, then they did not make a team. (So please provide a working number).
6) All teams will participate in a scrimmage at CHS on Friday, please arrive by 7am. Parents are welcomed to watch. On Saturday, all teams will attend a scrimmage at Baytown Lee HS from 8-1pm. Parents are welcomed to attend but seating is VERY limited. Athletes must ride the bus to and from the scrimmage.
7) Mandatory Parent meeting will be held Saturday, August 4 @ 2pm in The CHS Gym (following Lee scrimmage). Rules and practice schedules will be discussed.
8) Please be prepared to pay the Player Uniform Fee (F&JV $50/V-$60) at that time. This fee covers the cost of your athletes’ 2018 Team shirt (with name & # on back), Pink-Out Breast Cancer shirt and team socks (2 pair) & spandex (varsity only). This meeting is mandatory, a parent or legal guardian must attend.
9) Lady Falcon Freshman Camp
When: Monday, July 30-Tuesday, July 31 from 8-11am.
Where: CHS Track & Kolarik Gym
Cost: $30 Registration ends Thursday, June 28 @ 1pm
($40 at the door) cost includes a t-shirt